With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Engineering is where your brilliant ideas can become a delicious reality. You’ll develop the highly technical processes and competitive-advantaged assets behind every product we make, whether it’s an imaginative chocolate bar triangle like Toblerone, an irresistible breakfast snack like belVita or some wonderful new treat we haven’t even thought of yet.
Creation of flexibility and capability with focus on zero losses and 100% engagement:
Initiate step change productivity planning leveraging technology and asset through translation of loss analysis into initiatives filling the funnel for the plants profit sustaining and enhancing project portfolio.
Development and roll out of standards in cooperation with the regional/global engineering organization. As such drive competitive advantaged cost structures.
Development and roll out of break through ideas in close cooperation with cross-functional partners on site and regional level including Research Development & Quality, Procurement and related functions to support strategies
• Responsible for capital investment initiatives and as such for achieving the plants Compelling Business Need (CBN) including safety, service, cash flow, productivity and growth targets:
Lead cross functional project development and coordination
Lead multi – functional teams and task forces of technical functions to drive world class efficiency and safety
Lead projects towards Vertical Start Up (lead through project life cycle with zero loss mentality when it comes to safety, quality and efficiency as well as 100% engagement)
Coordination of manufacturing, engineering and supply chain resources to ensure successful execution of all deliverables of project management (safety, cash flow, etc.)
OEM relationship management on project and initiative basis
• Ensure strong linkage to regional and global capability building teams leveraging available programs to drive team development.
• Deliver equipment designs according to IL6S requirements (AM step3, PM step 2) :
Use Integrated Lean 6 Sigma tools and practices and ensure Early Management process steps are in place.
Coordinate and facilitate change management processes within the global engineering community to drive standards linking with technology platforms. Maintain the Maintenance Prevention Database.
• Build capability on site level required to ensure Vertical Start up:
Own the implementation of the cluster IIM Pillar through building pillar capability and governance as a first and project team capabilities as a second step.
Ensure and manage the competence and skills development for asset hand-over and care (part of Technology transfer and training of new initiatives)
• New Product Launch and Modification:
Lead technical assessments, capability studies and capital execution for new product launches and modification in cooperation with key partners namely Business Development, Research and Development, Procurement
Lead breakthrough thinking bringing new ideas and possibilities. Lead or co-lead new equipment and/or process development
Support harmonization of manufacturing processes and de-complexity of product portfolio working with Business Development partners
• Customer / Consumer focus & service:
Develop the technical agenda from business and consumer needs, transforming business needs into realizable propositions
Develop technical proposals to enhance line capability with target to ensure optimal utilization of plant capacities, while fulfilling strategic plans
Internal customer focus driving the Maintenance Prevention (MP) process for ongoing improvement of standards and 100% engagement
• Accountable for managing mid to large scale capital investment projects ($500k - $3MM), providing leadership during concept/design stage, implementation and start-up phases are executed at highest level of efficiency, quality and employee safety.
• Controls cost, cash flow phasing and schedule of the projects.
• Responsible for leading site level cross- functional team for successful project execution.
• Coordinates with site engineering manager, Regional Technology Owners (RTO) and plant resources.
• Implements Innovation Initiative Management (IIM) tools for delivering Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) success criteria.
Provides ISC feasibility perspectives linked with the specific project scope. Identifies the capital and capital related expenses, optimum layout, equipment and phasing over time to meet the project scope objectives.
Manages communications interface and project governance within ISC and key stakeholders.
Leads a cross functional project team at plant level,
Ensures successful execution of the projects in accordance with Integrated Lean 6 Sigma (IL6S) by leveraging IIM principles
Identifies cost effective, high savings productivity solutions and develops project in order to improve performance, product quality, safety and sustainability, yield and manufacturing cycle times.
Fulfil requirements for:
• design phase (e.g. Risk analysis, design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)),
• implementation phase (e.g. FAT, SAT),
• start-up (e.g. Commissioning, Qualification and Verification (CQV) planning, Vertical Start-up (VSU) assessments) and
successfully handover to the plant,Qualifications
University Degree or equivalent further education qualification in relevant discipline
Proven Project Management skills
Drive for Results
Minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience
Experience working across multiple countries and regions
ISC relevant experience (plant management)
Training or mentoring experience
Operating Environment :
• Ability to work across multiple geographical locations within the region.
• Flexibility in Working Location driven by the ability to travel.
• Ability to balance leading edge technology solutions with capital availability, and need for high savings.
• Ability to identify engineering solutions that consider our global network and category position.
• Ability to manage ambiguity and interpret large amounts of information and draw conclusions that support the project scope
• Ability to think outside of the box and understand the broad category needs
• Within this role the individual will be working across a matrix organization, and will be expected to work with projectteams across countries and a global community.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.