Mondelēz International is a US$35 billion snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries and our brands marketed in 165 countries. It’s a great time to join us; we employ over 100,000 people around the world and are a company full of the world’s favourite brands - Cadbury Dairy Milk, Philadelphia and The Natural Confectionery Company to name just a few. As well as the countless opportunities our business brings, we have fantastic people who do amazing things for our business and their own careers, every day.
Reporting to the Global Learning Activation Lead, the Global Learning Activator is instrumental in cost-efficient delivery of our ongoing online learning offers, including the online training rolling schedule, global learning events, select intact team interventions, people management training, coaching and facilitation skills training. Priorities will shift with shifting business context. The delivery will leverage existing and emerging learning deployment methods including face to face and virtual technologies. These roles will both act as internal facilitators and coaches to others in building facilitation skills and confidence in using our range of learning technologies. The role is also expected to hone insights from learner experiences internally and stay on top of external trends and development in learning activation.
This role can be based in the Philippines, Vietnam Thailand, India or Indonesia.
Some of the key accountabilities for this role will include (but are not limited to):
- Virtual and face to face delivery of core online learning offers in the areas of our leadership platform, People Management Foundations, Coaching and facilitation skills.
- Provide guidance to HR leads and line managers to enable them to self-deploy assessments and interventions with the teams they lead. On select priority occasions support intact team facilitation of interventions.
- Manage planning and deployment of training programs, and support deployment of other selected goal learning events.
- Upskilling others in facilitation skills both face to face and virtual to support our vision for ‘leaders developing others’.
- With Program leads co-deliver Train-the-trainer sessions to upskill volunteer facilitators from the business to enable them to effectively deliver core learning offers.
- Super-users and coaches for Adobe Connect – our virtual classroom platform - collaborating with facilitators to provide delivery and technical support before and during a VILT session.
- Working in partnership with our Shared Service Learning Management team who will schedule and manage enrollments for learning offerings.
- Working in partnership with our Learning Advisors to provide facilitation insights to support effective design and learning offer curation, as well as partner with them on comms & engagement for our existing external learning platforms.
- Support each other to constantly develop in tune with how learning activation evolves externally and contribute to the ongoing professional development of the team.
- Uplift in internal facilitation hours and reduction of external facilitation hours
- Encourage more learners/sign up to programs and events
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Certifications or training for the following is preferred: Qualified Coach, MBTI Certified, Attended MIU programs
- Credible Activist - listening, communication, business acumen and creativity
- Passion for continuous personal and professional development of yourself and others
- Technological savvy
- Experience in HR, Capability or Communications role
- Experience in Adult learning and community management
- Experience working in remote teams located across time zones
- Working cross cultural, across a diverse range of different functions and level of the organization
- Strong command of the English language
- Can speak another core language - Vietnamese or Bahasa
- Facilitation & presentation skills
Please note: All candidates require working rights of this country to perform the role.