With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
At Mondelez International we are customer focused, science led and results driven. The Global Analytical Microscopy laboratory performs a wide range of analytical analyses that supports Mondelez research and innovation.
The Senior Scientist I role is to provide technical direction and support to all categories to aid in problem solving including the identification of foreign materials related to consumer complaints and product quality. Play a key role in ensuring that projects are performed and supervised effectively and accurately within agreed timescales and to appropriate quality standards. This role focuses on routine and investigative analyses of products and method development and validations using techniques such as visual examination, microscopy, polarized light microscopy, scanning electron microscopy and FT-IR spectroscopy.
1. Provide high quality science at all times by ensuring effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
2. Analyse each consumer complaint sample using a variety of scientific techniques to determine a root cause (whenever possible) of the alleged complaint. Scientific techniques include: visual examination, microscopy, and FT-IR spectroscopy.
3. Provide support to Mondelez’s legal team and retain all NA legal consumer complaint samples.
4. Provide Technical direction within own areas of expertise within the team.
5. Perform a range of analysis using microscopy, polarized light microscopy, scanning electron microscopy and FT-IR spectroscopy independently.
6. Perform complex method development and prepare equipment and method verification/validation protocols where necessary.
7. Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of lab equipment.
8. Perform data checking and provide interpretation of results for routine and non-routine testing and generate interpretive reports
9. Work as part of an efficient global analytical team
10. Lease with clients and line management to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results.
11. Participate in client and stake holders meetings as required
12. Deliver internal presentations across groups and to technical stakeholders
13. Manage small projects or defined areas of larger projects and plan own workload
14. Proficient in the use of generic and specific software packages require for the role including Laboratory’s LIMS system
Qualifications, experience & Skills:
Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training
• BS/MS or PhD in a relevant scientific discipline
• Excellent understanding of lab equipment (including FT-IR spectroscopy, polarized light microscopy, scanning electron microscopy)
• Scientific understanding and ability to independently conduct chemical analysis in relevant area
• Accountable, honest, hardworking and able to work efficiently in a team
• Flexible and adaptable to meet customer/business requirements. Well organised and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently. Meticulous attention to detail
• Good verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate with clients and colleagues
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic and quick to learn.
• Able to organise own work and others to maximise output
• Computer literate in standard MS office applications
• Ability to deliver projects/work within tight timescales
• Technical credibility to develop good working relationships with internal and external clients
• Ability to problem solve and plan resources to maintain workflow in delivery of projects
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a foreign body laboratory (or similar environment).
• English fluency (written and spoken)
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.