What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Sheffield is home to some of the UK’s most iconic sweets brands: Maynards, Trebor and Bassett’s. It’s the largest sugar confectionery plant in the Mondelēz International network across Europe and produces approx 40,000 tonnes of sweets each year.
Be accountable for the development of effective testing programs based on Quality, Food Safety and Legal compliance parameters and track improvement opportunities through data analysis that helps improve product quality and drive efficiencies.
Train and coach members of the lab team on testing methodology and best practice. Support the manufacturing sections on problem solving related to testing, specification compliance issues and Quality system improvements.
Own and drive the compliance to designated Quality Policies (as defined by the Quality Manager), identifying any gaps and actions to close gaps.
To support the site Quality compliance plan to drive a culture of every day Quality compliance.
1. Build effective testing programs for the site based on the requirements of Mondelez Quality Policies and specification requirements.
2. Understand and apply compliance to good laboratory practices.
3. Where required train lab personnel and production personnel on testing methodologies
4. Have expertise and knowledge in problem solving of analytical failures of specific product groups, and advise the manufacturing section on improvement recommendations.
5. Take a key role in supporting the development of Root Cause Analysis of analytical failures.
6. Analysis of raw materials, packaging materials, semi-finished, finished product, utility samples (where relevant) on a timely and flexible basis.
7. Completes data analysis of all test results and specification parameters and develops key improvement opportunities on a timely basis.
8. Support the continuous improvement of Quality culture within the factory and laboratory by building strong links with key stakeholders.
1. Product Conformity and Process Control – doing the right checks at the right frequency
• Verify the performance and effectiveness of ensuring product conformity; e.g. sensory of finished product / attribute control / labelling of FP (lot.code, best before date etc) and traceability (materials batch, consumption dates etc.).
• Support in matters regarding rework/return product handling and traceability.
• Updating control of non conforming product (CNCP) inventory as required.
2. Change Management
• Participate in projects for new products, new equipment, and other change projects as required. Participate during production trials and first production run together with the production team to verify product conformity.
• Evaluate by physical testing to see if any changes are needed to quality-control plans report back and support with implementation.
3. Good Manufacturing and Hygiene Practices (GMP/GHP) & Pest Control Program
• Perform GMP audits in accordance with the schedule.
• Assist in coordinating pest prevention programs for the plant in close relationship with the Pest Control Coordinator and the Pest Control Contractor (PCC). Agree on pest prevention appointments with PCC (e.g. spraying after monthly pit stop/cleaning, main cleaning stops (summer/Christmas time). Participate together with production management in the quarterly meetings with PCC and central QA.
• Support the section on implementation of corrective actions identified and follow up to ensure completion.
4. Continuous Improvement
• Initiation of corrective and preventive actions in co-operation with the production team. Evaluate need for actions, determine actual & potential non conformities, root cause analysis, determine and implement action needed, record results, review action taken and share lessons learnt.
• Perform internal audits to support maintenance of our Quality Systems.
• QP ownership as assigned.
• Review QP self assessment guides and identify gaps and plan and implement corrective actions.
• Participate/lead for assigned QP’s in external and corporate audits.
• Review audit reports and implement CAPA for issues identified.
• Deputise for central quality coordinator for hold and release process for products sent to distribution.