Even if you’re not familiar with our name, you’ve almost certainly heard of our billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo. Developing the world’s favorite snacks, we’re passionate about creating delicious moments of joy for people all around the world. Working at Mondelēz International is all about the power of big - and small.
Why big? Because we’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum. We’re ranked #1 in chocolate, biscuits and candy, and #2 in gum. What’s more, we employ over 100,000 people worldwide and market products in around 165 countries.
Why small? We go out of our way to hear everyone’s point of view, and develop local roots wherever we go. It’s this combination of big and small that drives everything we do.
Every consumer engages with MDLZ across a digital and complex consumer journey. They do so via the technology rich environments that are media, campaigns, consumer relations, store and eCommerce. Every time consumers touch our brands, they deserve hyper relevant real time engagement on their devices, meeting rapidly changing needs with quick and nimble responses.
The newly formed Digital Consumer solutions team will accelerate growth by harnessing technology and data to enrich consumer engagement and omnichannel conversion in all the consumer journey stages. It will
• Bring technology and data advice in the category, marketing, media and eCommerce functions and agencies
• Deliver and support new capabilities, mostly with partners and oversee integrations opportunities across the internal and external ecosystem
• Keep at pace with the fast changing landscape through innovation & Test & Learn
Within this team headed by the global CTO and working closely with the global, regional and local internal marketing stakeholders and agencies, the Global Consumer Data Platform Technology lead will drive the following outcomes:
• Create explosive growth from MDLZ consumer data (1st party consumer data mgt, 2nd and 3rd party data, known anonymous emerging consumer platforms, audience mgt tools) by implementing the appropriate technology stack and integrations with the rest of the MDLZ eco -system (Insight, Analytics, CRM, ecommerce, programmatic, campaign mgt)
• Enable targetable audiences and segmentation across the consumer digital journeys, monitoring for attribution and campaign engagement, ultimately linking ad views to purchases made by consumers at retailers in a consumer 360 view.
• Support the transformation to a data lead, consumer centric marketing capability and expand the use of consumer data to improve retail and ecommerce performance
The role reports to the Global ITS Director, media and digital solutions and can be based either in US (New Jersey) or UK (London or Birmingham)
• Engage and influence Media, marketing, global retailer Key account leaders and agencies across the MDLZ ecosystem, at global, regional and local level. Provide thought and people leadership on consumer data, identities & platforms and overall value of consumer data as an asset across the ITS and Marketing organisation
• Inform and ensure consumer data acquisition and use by brands is optimized to increase engagement, influence behavior and limit churn. Co-lead the definition of testing and targeting strategies in the planning stages of consumer data projects. Champion the development and use of DMP and CRM capability across markets & categories thru progressive and maximum data capture from unknown to known audiences.
• Develop & drive the technology Roadmap & adoption program, ensuring platform selection, alignment with regions’ business objectives, as well as building capability for the longer term. Manage vendor relations for consumer data technologies and platforms. Understand vendor roadmaps and drive new initiatives with these vendors. Instigate and sponsor the development of RFPs, proposals and contracts for related media technology.
• Identifies and partners with industry leading players for consumer data, identities & platforms best practice. Optimise technology outward integration and upgrade to best in class for all our consumer touch points across 1st, 2nd, 3rd party and known anonymous data platforms.
• In relationship with key agencies and partners, ensure the delivery of program/projects is in line with laid out plans, including especially the acceleration of consumer data collection, storage, augmentation and use throughout the consumer digital journey adoption with audience optimisation through data analysis and machine learning
• Builds and champions innovation & case studies to unlock / demonstrate the business value of use of technology and data driven marketing thru rapid prototyping of Data Management Platforms and plugging them across paid, earned and owned media channels (web, mobile, social, email, display)
• Work closely with the rest of the Consumer Digital Solution team (architects and technology leads for digital, Media, ecommerce, CRM, Analytics) to ensure technology contributes to rich omni channel consumer experiences and maximise attribution and distribution. Co-define new operating models and the enterprise digital architectures to support strategy recommendations
• MBA or advanced degrees in computer science (with a minor in marketing) or marketing (with a minor in computer science)
• Experience working with key platform partners e.g. Facebook, Google and other walled garden and available APIs
• Experience working on globally distributed virtual teams with CPG or FMCG industry
• Experience in launching a new internal service or capability at a major organisation.
• Detailed experience in Identity mgt tools aimed at consumer and shopper data (1rst, 2nd & 3rd party), audience mgt tools, tag management.
• Strong working knowledge of digital marketing best practices
• Understanding of online optimisation and personalization
• Familiarity with algorithm and big data technology potential to work with data scientists and data managers in charge of designing and developing segmentation, lookalike, analytical and predictive models as well as dashboards.
• Good global knowledge of consumer data and privacy laws
• Similar titles for this role: Audience platforms Tech manager / CDP tech lead engineer / Solution engineer consumer identities and audiences
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.