With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Describes the general characteristics of the job, listing only major functions or activities. It should indicate clearly and specifically what the jobholder must do to be successful in the role. This section should also provide enough information to identify and differentiate the major functions and activities of the job from those of others.
1. Act as Packaging leader on medium and high complexity Gum & Candy projects, releasing packaging material specifications, supplier development, pilot and industrial trials, feasibility studies for project implementation at the facilities, supporting product development, margin management and quality improvement project
2. Execute packaging development activities such as: lab analysis, pilot tests, samples production for consumer tests, in the lab, pilot plant or plant facility.
3. Support shelf-life studies, producing samples and following technical results together with multi-functional teams.
4. Knowledge and application of Quality policies, implementing and assuring documents and procedures control on ISO 9001 and QCMS.
5. Use specific systems such as: PPMS, e-QCMS, R&D Suite, My Project, Interspace, CAPE, AutoCAD, Incentive, Master Data, to register projects, reports, resource allocation, specs and processes registration.
6. Lead projects start-up of new production lines, considering R&D Packaging responsibilities and scope.
7. Be part of IIM teams and VSU key team member (technologies definition, new lines, new packaging equipment, FATs, CQVs etc.)
8. Packaging equipment technical validation at vendor sites
9. Act on regional projects, being connected with global teams, making sure projects and technologies are feasible for application at the category.
Internal and external contacts:
The Senior Packaging Engineer I or Senior Packaging Scientist I in the G&C category has frequent connection and multi-functional relationship with:
o Marketing: NPDs projects which requires packaging expertise.
o ISC: on projects which requires quality improvement, new lines or equipment acquisition or logistic improvements.
o Global and Regional Packaging organization: exchanging knowledge and information with colleagues at the same function in other locations, being part of project teams.
o Consumer Insight: partnership on projects which requires packaging technical knowledge and consumer test support.
o R&D Product: for all projects which requires interaction product/package.
o Other R&D functions (SARA, Analytical, Quality, and Consumer Science): share of knowledge and information from the packaging perspective, adding value to projects and initiatives.
o Develop new suppliers, establishing the routine and project scoping. Request quotation and materials through Procurement area.
o Meeting attendance within multi-functional teams on project execution.
o Access to sensible business information to have full screen understanding and participate on take decisions on priorities, trials, packaging changes, reformulation etc.
o Interact occasionally with other category teams according to project and initiative needs.
o Perform activities in all Mondelez plants, according to needs.
Qualifications, experience & Skills:
Abilities and domain around
o Recommend right packaging material for each application.
o Lead brainstorming sessions, benchmark and presentations.
o Build project reports (DSA, Safety analysis, specifications, technical drawings, lab reports etc)
o Supplier development (equipment/materials)
o Main technologies and packaging materials
o Interactions between packaging, product and equipment.
o Affinity with concepts and tools on Intellectual Properties
o Understanding of key steps on packaging development and ability to build timelines and risk assessments.
o FATs, SATs and other equipment validation process.
o Full development and start-up of a new production line, focusing on packaging technologies.
o IIM understanding and application
• Domain of Gum & Candy Packaging technologies and their development/trials protocol - (Minimum 2 years)
• Desired minimum of 4 years on Packaging or similar areas - (Minimum 4 & Maximum 8 years.)
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.