With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
You’ll put our customers at the heart of our business. By building strong relationships with every customer, big or small, you’ll help Mondelēz International become the supplier of choice and ensure we deliver world-class execution of our business plans in every store.Job Description
The Customer Category Manager drives selling efforts to the customer as a member of a Customer Business Team for Big Y and Bozzuto’s. The position represents Mondelez Foods to the Customer's Category Management and Buying Office Team. The CCM manages assigned categories within the Mondelez Portfolio and acts as a liaison between Mondelez HQ/CBT and the Customer's HQ Team. On some accounts, the incumbent may be responsible for the selling activities of several categories or businesses. Additionally, on some Teams the CCM may also have Planning responsibility. The incumbent delivers revenue and share objectives, pursues business strategies to grow the company franchises through the use of customer-specific programs, provides category management expertise to the account, ensures that coordinated, cross-functional sales value is delivered to the customer, and supports Customer Service/Supply Chain based activities and initiatives.Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Integrate and delivery coordinated sales programs to the customer
- Build revenue and share by applying category management principles and business analysis best practices to identify key category drivers and implementing business recommendations to drive Mondelez and customer growth
- Plan, estimate and manage the Revenue Estimates on a Monthly, Quarterly and Half basis
- Develop relationships with key customer decision makers to favorably influence and enhance Mondelez's competitive position
- Act in team role with Customer Business Manager, Retail Sales Manager and Region Management to maximize franchise growth
- Collaborate with Category Planners or Division CSP Team to design and implement customer-specific programming.
- Conduct category analysis by utilizing current consumer and category insights and Key Performance Indicator reports. Analyze the category, the customer and the consumer information to make strategic business building decisions.
- Collaboratively develop customized programs with the customer by leveraging Mondelez's "One Company" scale. Create synergies in the Mondelez portfolio of products and utilize the flexible supply chain to drive customer profitability and drive Mondelez revenue, consumption and share.
- Provide updates to management on competitive activity, both at the Account and in the market, Customer specific strategy changes, key marketplace updates and other business related activities.
- Manage new item sell in and distribution
- Manage Operating Costs
- Manage trade funds to develop effective and efficient merchandising; resolve deductions
- Review Customer Profit & Loss report and other Key Performance Indicators to determine necessary action steps to improve category profitability
- Adhere to Auditing Policy and Procedures
- 4-yr Degree
- Strong sales background with an excellent understanding of business processes and CDO systems (SHARP, KOSTARS, Nielsen)
- Experience in retail selling
- Ability to plan, organize and set priorities when performing work
- Superior interpersonal skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with the Customer and gain their trust and respect
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong negotiation Skills
- Strong analytical skills; able to analyze customer, consumer and category data and make business building decisions based off of this analysis
- Willing to travel 10-20% (if applicable)
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.