With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
Description – External. External Provides sanitation expertise to the entire facility and is responsible for the implementation and execution of the plant Sanitation program, Pest management and Hygienic Engineering Design systems. Identifies sanitation areas of improvement and executes corrective actions to optimize sanitation efficiency as well as product quality while ensuring compliance to GMP standards, Environmental Swabbing, and other Regulatory Quality requirements. Manages sanitation program to ensure specifications and standards are correct and current. Partners with Plant Staff and Operations to move the Chicago Bakery into world class in sanitation.
The ideal candidate must also be able to lead a zero defects journey for the plant’s sanitation programs and operational objectives with a focus on statistically based data management and continuous improvement to deliver best in class cost of sanitation.
Facilitates compliance with IL6S, QCSM, HACCP, GMPs, FSSC, Regulatory, GE, and sanitation guidelines as well as any other key plant initiatives. Insures corrective and preventive actions and continuous improvement processes are being utilized in manufacturing and that action plans are verified and effective.
Plant lead for chemical and sanitation safety strategy and planning.
Plant lead for hygienic engineering design reviews, which includes but not limited to partnering and providing direct input to Engineering Project Leads and Operational Equipment Manufacturers on review and development of equipment from blueprint to final equipment design as well as development and delivering internal sanitary design training.
Plant lead for the current and future identification of sanitation required expense and capital needs with any required supporting data for justification.
Develop and provide technical expertise for managing and troubleshooting food and environmental biological monitoring programs, monitoring (PEM-Pathogen Environmental Monitoring for targeted pathogens and non-PEM for standard biological organisms related to the products, ingredients and processes within the plant).
Directly engages in any critical or special situations and promptly discerns if additional resources or senior managers are needed. Provides direct leadership and direction setting to all shifts to ensure that accurate communication and follow-up occurs.
Partners with plant operations, maintenance, engineering, quality and Corporate Sanitation to ensure that sanitation and pest control programs, procedures and systems are effectively developed, executed and monitored per policy requirements.
The position has key 3rd shift leadership and managerial responsibilities that include allocating & managing resources, developing talent and providing input for budget management. The position will also provide updates to assist Business Unit Mangers and other managers regarding talent assessment towards high performance or development needs for performance appraisals.
Assists department supervisors with making go/no decisions concerning chemical, cleaning and/or design impacts on production, maintenance, quality and sanitation issues.
Undertakes and completes special projects assigned by the Quality Systems Manager as necessary
Know, understand, enforce and comply with Mondelez’s Environmental Policy and partner with plant leadership to design a strategy to reduce Mondelez Environmental footprint.
Champion a Zero Defects Journey and lead the sanitation position and results within IL6S.
KEY SANITATION TASKS:
• Plant lead on sanitation and pest control program and procedure development, training, execution, and monitoring.
• Plant lead on site period cleaning (PIC / PEC) program development, training, execution, and tracking.
• Communicate and escalate any safety, food safety/quality or vendor issues and provide support as needed.
• Manage plant internal sanitation team, and sanitation / pest control vendor resources, and applicable regulatory visits i.e. USDA/FDA
• People / skill development through training and coaching of plant personnel.
• Manage sanitation / pest control budget.
• Track, report, and review the sanitation Performance Indicators on a regular basis to drive continuous improvement.
• Manage cost of sanitation
• Monitor process capability against specifications and drive improvement utilizing statistical tools
• Conduct Effective Root cause analysis and implement corrective action and preventative action.
• Development and training of plant sanitation team
• Development and training of other local team members
• Work with the plant leadership team to ensure all sanitation programs and systems are implemented
• Coaching/development of all plant leaders in regards to sanitation tools
• Timely and effective reporting to Plant Quality Manager
• Executes Sanitation training within local site
Qualifications - Minimum 5 years of experience in Sanitation Systems. A four year degree in food science or related field. Supervisory-management/knowledge in SAP. Production processes/strong continuous improvement mindset. General basic background in functional area. Effective communication skills & team player in productivity
• Direct management of sanitation program
• Development of sanitation staff and operations supervisors and line leaders
• Ability to coach/influence local plant management and plant workforce
• Communication of ideas/technical information in a easily understandable way
• Assessment of risk and appropriate/timely communication of risk
• Min. 5years in quality/manufacturing/sanitation management roles working in multiple manufacturing environments preferred
• Food processing sanitation program experience
• Understanding of manufacturing processes, preference to bakery processes
• Multiple product experience preferred (Dairy, Meat, Bakery, etc.)
• BS Food Science/Engineering/Biology or other relevant sciences preferred.
• Practical Sanitation Application (CIP and COP)
• Chemistry of Cleaning knowledge
• Hygienic Engineering Design for Pumps, Piping and Equipment
• Pest Management
• Food Safety and Regulatory requirements
• Identification and Management of Microbiological Organisms and Systems
• An understanding/experience in lean manufacturing principles preferred
• Certified Quality Engineer
• HACCP certified
• GFSI audit certification
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, uniform service, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.